When the U.S. Navy wanted to expand its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, they encountered severe resource and capability challenges. These obstacles included issues with data governance, process re-engineering, software design, system integrations and more. To overcome these challenges, they would need to do the seemingly impossible: rapidly onboard recognized subject-matter experts (SMEs) in the field who have familiarity with government operating protocols.
That’s when Randstad, working in partnership with one of the world’s largest technology and consulting companies, stepped in to save the day.
Recognizing the urgency of the situation, Randstad quickly tapped into our unmatched talent network, narrowing our scope to focus on qualified candidates from adjacent federal programs.
Key components of that solution included:
- identifying the ideal pay rates to both incentivize best-in-class IT talent and deliver bottom-line value to the client
- tapping into passive talent pools and attracting candidates with highly specialized and typically hard-to-find technical skills
- developing plans to ensure an effective transition phase, including mentoring and other proven knowledge-transfer strategies
- providing integrated program management reports (IPMRs) on an ongoing basis to increase transparency and accountability across all program phases
Right away, Randstad’s team of dedicated delivery experts emerged as the leading solutions provider.
Highlights of the engagement included:
- rapidly onboarding SME-level software developers at an affordable cost
- objectively outperforming all other subcontractors involved in the program within the first six months of the engagement
- providing comprehensive program support to a global SAP user base of 72,000
- delivering technical and functional SAP experts across multiple program areas: ABAP, RSC, FI, FM, CO, SD, PS, HCM/WFM, MM, SD, AM, SCM/ APO and more
- being brought on to four additional federal programs by the client due to our track record of success